One way Children’s Nebraska offers continuing professional education opportunities for physicians, students, residents, and other medical professionals is through pediatric Grand Rounds — weekly presentations on various issues in pediatric care, such as research reviews, case studies, or recent advances in treating a particular illness.
Pediatric Grand Rounds is presented live each Friday from 8-9 a.m. central time. All presentations are hybrid and offered BOTH in-person and by Zoom. Contact [email protected] to request the event or Zoom details.
Please note: scheduling for Grand Rounds typically books up 6-9 months in advance. Details are published when CME has been approved. For available future dates, obtaining credit for past presentations or other questions, please contact a CME Coordinator at [email protected].
Friday, March 1, 2024
In conjunction with New Frontiers in Neonatal Care Conference 2024
In Pursuit of Evidence: The Classification and Treatment of Bronchopulmonary Dysplasia
Erik Jensen, MD, MSCE
Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia
Assistant Professor, Pediatrics
Perelman School of Medicine
University of Pennsylvania
- Discuss phenotype and contemporary diagnostic criteria for BPD and describe strategies for therapeutic interventions.
Friday, March 8, 2024
Multidisciplinary Housewide Case Review
Caring for Patients When Parents Say No; Tools and Tactics to Help Support Challenging Situations
Patient Relations Manager
Quality & Patient Safety
Suzanne Haney, MD, MS, FAAP
Division Chief, Child Abuse Pediatrics
Interim Division Chief, Palliative Care
Associate Professor, Pediatrics UNMC
Vice Chair, Faculty Affairs, Department of Pediatrics
Medical Director, Children’s Advocacy Team
- Review pertinent details of a patient case, including history of illness, clinical impressions, and diagnosis.
- Analyze relevant literature.
- Discuss factors which contributed to success and opportunities for improvements.
Friday, March 15, 2024
Enhancing Pediatric Practice: Navigating the Evidence Literature Maze
Teresa Hartman, MLS
Head of Education, McGoogan Library
Librarian, Children’s Nebraska
- Develop skills to apply advanced search techniques and specialized tools to retrieve evidence in pediatric medicine.
- Evaluate the quality and applicability of health sciences literature in pediatric medicine using evidence levels and appraisal tools.
- Recognize the importance of using citation management software effectively to organize and cite pediatric literature.
Friday, March 22, 2024
Loyd Schultz, MD Memorial Lecture in Pediatric Surgery
Improving Outcomes By Starting Care Before Birth
Oluyinka Olutoye, MD, PhD, FACS, FAAP, FWACS
Nationwide Children’s Hospital
Professor and E. Thomas Boles Jr. Chair of Pediatric Surgery
Ohio State University College of Medicine
- Highlight historical and recent advances in the field of fetal surgery
- Evaluate indications and intraoperative approaches for specific fetal diagnoses
- Consider impact of recent clinical trials on the therapeutic management of fetal anomalies
Friday, March 29, 2024
CME Credit for Grand Rounds Presentations
Grand Rounds CME credit is available and approved for programs presented within one year of the current date.
Click here to view library of recordings.
Contact a CME Coordinator at [email protected] with questions.
Trauma Grand Rounds
Discuss current issues in the treatment and management of pediatric trauma patients.
Check out Trauma Grand Rounds
Questions or comments on Trauma Grand Rounds, please email [email protected]
Contact a CME Coordinator at [email protected] with questions about Grand Rounds or Trauma Grand Rounds.