As a pediatric intensivist I care for seriously ill infants and children or those who need a high-level of monitoring in a specialized inpatient critical care unit.
Aside from my clinical practice, I also have an interest in clinical research and Quality Improvement work. My main project currently is NEAR4KIDS, which tracks safety of endotracheal intubation and focuses on improving the safety of this procedure in the pediatric ICU and CICU.
Pediatric Critical Care Medicine
2012 M.D., Creighton University School of Medicine, Omaha NE
2015 Residency in Pediatrics, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, NE
2018 Fellowship in Pediatric Critical Care Medicine, American Family Children’s Hospital, University of Wisconsin-Madison, Madison, WI
Assistant Professor, Department of Pediatrics, University of Nebraska College of Medicine
1. Initiatives aimed at improving the management of pediatric patients with acute respiratory distress syndromes
● NEAR4KIDS initiative
● PROSpect clinical trial
● Extubation readiness testing
● American Academy of Pediatrics (2012-present)
● Society for Critical Care Medicine (2015-present)
● Pediatric Acute Lung Injury and Sepsis Investigators (2018-present)